Skip to main content
Goodmorning God's beloved,

Join me to pray this prayer: HOLY LORD God, thank You for leaving us Your inspired Word, the Bible. Help us to read it carefully, interpret it correctly, and apply it enthusiastically in our lives. In Jesus name, amen.

Did we know that, God’s Word is the only sure foundation for life? (Our Daily Bread)
Imagine a world without the Bible? We'd all be our own authority. Some weeks ago I went for a former classmate's mother's burial reception. I met some other former classmates of ours that I'd not seen in over 10 years since our graduation. After the event, we all went back together and got stuck in traffic because of the heavy rain. While the owner of the car/driver was not a former classmate of ours, and so dealt with how we'd get out of the traffic, the rest of us talked at length about several issues.

One issue that we trashed that came to my mind again just yesterday was the issue of someone's opinion to life's situations. I sat in the middle behind the car, sandwiched and when it got to a moral issue they silently looked at me for my opinion. I wondered why my opinion meant so much cause they all turned my way including those infront to hear what I'd say.
What I'd say would be contrary to public opinion. It would not face with human reality, but it would be the ideal. So after I gave a preface, I said what the Bible says!
If I'd said something different from the Bible but socially acceptable I'd have been commended. But it would have meant that I'd a better understanding of life than the Bible; that I'd more wisdom than the Bible; that I'd a better say in life's realities than the Bible because it is ancient!
But that is impossible! The Bible stands sure for every generation. Be it the space age, internet age, Shakespearian age or Nuclear age.

Anyone who tells you something at variance with the Bible should be fled from. No good comes outside God. Anyone you see offering you good, donations, support, contribution or words of wisdom and encouragement devoid of the Supreme authority of God should be fled from. All good things around us are sent from God in heaven above. No matter how simplistic this has sounds even since the tine of our tender years, it still remains true.

Have a love filled weekend.
TLF 💚

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PRAYER FOR FORGIVENESS. We have ridiculed the absolute truth of God's word and called it 'pluralism'. We have worshipped other gods and said 'give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar'. We have endorsed pervertion and called it 'alternative life style'. We have exploited the poor and called it 'lottery'. We have rewarded laziness and called it 'welfare'. We have committed adultery and called it 'playing around'. We have committed fornication and called it 'having fun'. We have killed unborn children and called it 'choice'. We neglected to discipline our children and called it 'building self esteem'. We have abused power and called it 'politics'. We have converted our neighbour's property and called it 'ambition'. We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it 'freedom of expression'. We have ...

#NextGeneration Stories

Cherokee Legend Do you know the legend of the Cherokee Indian youth's rite of Passage? His father takes him into the forest, blindfolds him and leaves him alone.  He is required to sit on a stump the whole night and not remove the blindfold until the rays of the morning sun shine through it. He cannot cry out for help from anyone.  Once he survives the night, he is a MAN. He cannot tell the other boys of this experience, because each lad must come into manhood on his own. The boy is naturally terrified. He can hear all kinds of noises. Wild beasts must surely be all around him. Maybe even some humans might do him harm. The wind blew the grass and earth, and shook his stump, but he sat stoically, never removing the blindfold. It would be the only way he could become a man! Finally, after a horrific night the sun appeared and he removed his blindfold. It was then that he discovered his father sitting on the stump next to him.    He had been at watch the entire night, p...

Why Do You Smoke?

6 personalized approaches to quitting forever.  Everyone smokes—and quits—for different reasons, and the key to getting smoke-free for life is to find out why you are smoking and then change those behaviors. If you are a Recreational or Social Smoker, you may feel that your limited smoking poses no serious medical harm to yourself or others. You may, however, ignore warning signs that your occasional smoking is progressing into addiction, especially during periods of stress or increased alcohol use. A periodic review of these warning signs may help motivate you to consider becoming smoke-free. The Scared-to-Quit Smoker has no end of reasons (excuses) to put off going smoke-free to some future date. Sometimes it helps to focus on just quitting for one day. If you can quit for a day, you can quit every day. This realization can be a great confidence builder, and helps to decrease your fears about not smoking “ever again.” Forever is too big a word for many addicts; thus the old adage...