Skip to main content

International Day of Charity

 If you are in Benin please join us as we go for our outreach around Airport road and Sapele road tomorrow God willing. 

Wherever you are kindly mark this day and do something memorable and sacrificial. 

Let me share an experience I had a few days ago. 

I was sitting at the Reception of our TLF Centre and I heard a knock at the gate. At that time of the very sunny day I wasn't really expecting anyone. When I went to inquire a woman with her choldren said she just wanted food that she was in need. I gave her what I had and also from the store, after making some enquiries about her and her situation. It was a case of a street sweeper who had not been paid, sad. 

I thought about how many people who are in need are bold, patient, believing and honest enough to ask? 

It takes all these and more to ask. 

This is because about 2 or 3 Sundays ago while I and a TLF volunteer went out to paste posters for TLF, we saw a woman lying on the road! I didn't see her on time and I had not a kobo on me. My companion was not surprised nor did he want us to go near her. I told him that - 

No one needs to sleep on the road in any area because there are many gates to knock on, unfenced compounds to walk into, churches, buildings in progress and NGOs and even work to do! 

I was not happy I couldn't do anything even if she was harmful or dangerous. 

The encounter I'd with that woman and her 2 children is not the first and won't be the last. 

All we have is a blessing from God to be a blessing as the Holy Spirit directs. 

It can be water to drink, food, a cry for justice, need of employment, healing touch, or even a listening ear.

There are so many ways... 

Charity and Social Development go hand in hand and are very simple things to do. 

May God direct us to where He wants to use us and may we trust and obey Him, in Jesus name, amen. Thanks  

#InternationalDayOfCharity 

TLF 💚

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PRAYER FOR FORGIVENESS. We have ridiculed the absolute truth of God's word and called it 'pluralism'. We have worshipped other gods and said 'give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar'. We have endorsed pervertion and called it 'alternative life style'. We have exploited the poor and called it 'lottery'. We have rewarded laziness and called it 'welfare'. We have committed adultery and called it 'playing around'. We have committed fornication and called it 'having fun'. We have killed unborn children and called it 'choice'. We neglected to discipline our children and called it 'building self esteem'. We have abused power and called it 'politics'. We have converted our neighbour's property and called it 'ambition'. We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it 'freedom of expression'. We have ...

#NextGeneration Stories

Cherokee Legend Do you know the legend of the Cherokee Indian youth's rite of Passage? His father takes him into the forest, blindfolds him and leaves him alone.  He is required to sit on a stump the whole night and not remove the blindfold until the rays of the morning sun shine through it. He cannot cry out for help from anyone.  Once he survives the night, he is a MAN. He cannot tell the other boys of this experience, because each lad must come into manhood on his own. The boy is naturally terrified. He can hear all kinds of noises. Wild beasts must surely be all around him. Maybe even some humans might do him harm. The wind blew the grass and earth, and shook his stump, but he sat stoically, never removing the blindfold. It would be the only way he could become a man! Finally, after a horrific night the sun appeared and he removed his blindfold. It was then that he discovered his father sitting on the stump next to him.    He had been at watch the entire night, p...

Why Do You Smoke?

6 personalized approaches to quitting forever.  Everyone smokes—and quits—for different reasons, and the key to getting smoke-free for life is to find out why you are smoking and then change those behaviors. If you are a Recreational or Social Smoker, you may feel that your limited smoking poses no serious medical harm to yourself or others. You may, however, ignore warning signs that your occasional smoking is progressing into addiction, especially during periods of stress or increased alcohol use. A periodic review of these warning signs may help motivate you to consider becoming smoke-free. The Scared-to-Quit Smoker has no end of reasons (excuses) to put off going smoke-free to some future date. Sometimes it helps to focus on just quitting for one day. If you can quit for a day, you can quit every day. This realization can be a great confidence builder, and helps to decrease your fears about not smoking “ever again.” Forever is too big a word for many addicts; thus the old adage...